- RSS Channel Showcase 8171701
- RSS Channel Showcase 5892624
- RSS Channel Showcase 7146404
- RSS Channel Showcase 3075765
Articles on this Page
- 07/03/14--18:13: _Summer Lovers
- 07/25/14--07:57: _Zen Doggie
- 09/23/14--13:19: _Hooray for Emma Wat...
- 11/08/14--07:19: _Stove Love – Part I
- 11/15/14--07:27: _Stove Love – Part II
- 03/19/17--16:02: _Thank You for Your...
- 11/23/17--08:10: _Happy Thanksgiving!
- 01/24/18--08:23: _Universal Responsib...
- 02/02/18--08:27: _Boys and Girls
- 03/03/18--16:41: _Monthly Museletter—...
- 03/18/18--17:51: _The Highest Evoluti...
- 04/22/18--15:55: _Happy Earth Day!
- 05/12/18--07:03: _Battle In The Fores...
- 06/10/18--19:48: _Monthly Museletter ...
- 06/11/18--12:25: _The Chicken Chronic...
- 07/03/14--18:13: Summer Lovers
- 07/25/14--07:57: Zen Doggie
- 09/23/14--13:19: Hooray for Emma Watson!
- 11/08/14--07:19: Stove Love – Part I
- 11/15/14--07:27: Stove Love – Part II
- 03/19/17--16:02: Thank You for Your Patience!
- 11/23/17--08:10: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 01/24/18--08:23: Universal Responsibility
- 02/02/18--08:27: Boys and Girls
- 03/03/18--16:41: Monthly Museletter—March 2018
- 03/18/18--17:51: The Highest Evolution: Working with our Hands
- 04/22/18--15:55: Happy Earth Day!
- 05/12/18--07:03: Battle In The Forest with Gisele Bündchen
- 06/10/18--19:48: Monthly Museletter – June 2018
- 06/11/18--12:25: The Chicken Chronicles book is About to Hatch!
For this week’s post, I thought I’d share a confession. It happened years ago, but the sweet memory lingers . . . * * * The affairs began within a week of each other this summer. After twenty-some years … Continue reading
florasforumImage from 123rf.
As the Western Skies essays continue this summer, I found this lazy summer piece, reminding us to try to stay chill and appreciate the little connections. —Sandra Knauf Zen Doggie My eleven-year-old daughter and I, out on … Continue reading
florasforumNot zen doggie, but looks pretty zen. By uıɐɾ ʞ ʇɐɯɐs from New York City, USA (A dog on the Old Road) via Wikimedia Commons
There are times when it’s necessary to go “off topic” to something far more important than gardening, or books, or any of the other dozens of things I’ve posted about. Because “If not me, who? If not now, when?” I … Continue reading
I thought I’d go this week with the theme of “nourishment.” It’s a writing theme I came upon when deciding a long time ago that I wanted to publish a love letter to my 1930s stove. I used this … Continue reading
florasforumNot my stove, but the same style and color. Mine's in much better shape; has the burners and burner cover.
Last week I wrote about our family’s old stove, a stove I used while our children were young, while we were all growing up. It was a charming 1930s model, and we loved her, but as time went by things … Continue reading
florasforumStove Love II
Flora’s Forum has been taking a break since Dec. 21st because, well, I really needed one. I think many will agree that 2016 might have been one of the most trying years (collectively, as a nation) in recent memory. … Continue reading
This is the first thing I read when opening up The Gardeners’ Community Cookbook this morning. They seemed like the perfect words to share this Thanksgiving. With much love to all, Sandra * * *
florasforumSmith&Hawken-Gardeners-Cookbook-opening-Victoria-Wise 001Be Our Patron
“I have a little friend. (I’m blessed with lots of little friends. ❤ This guy’s name is Ayden, and he is 7 years old. He was telling me about this mouse that his dad-type-guy killed. And he told me about … Continue reading
florasforumCute_child_boy_playing_with_frog_U.S._Fish_and_WildlifeCheri-headshot_for-Ashley-AdBe Our Patron
This month we’re all about saving the planet, so roll up your sleeves and join us! (Thank you, Karla, for sharing your wonderful newsletter! ❤) —SK P. S. If you’re from Colorado Springs and would like Karla’s newsletter that includes local events, … Continue reading
florasforumLunar_libration_with_phase2SPC 3912-B Photographic views and portraits made 1867-74 in theApple_blossoms_Gandhi copyBe Our Patron
The values we need are of knowledge: of how to live with Nature, of how to care, of how to share. I think you’ll agree—there’s no one like Vandana Shiva. I hope you’ll enjoy this short film and her wisdom!—SK … Continue reading
florasforumBe Our Patron
There is only one Earth and no “Plan C”. This film shows that Plan A is doing as we’ve been doing, using resources wantonly and polluting—which leads to mass extinction. Plan B is getting our act together and saving not … Continue reading
florasforumAerial_view_of_the_Amazon_RainforestBe Our Patron
It’s getting very close to the longest day in the northern hemisphere. Can you believe it? The days are their longest, yet if you’re a gardener you’re probably still short on time, right? I still have things to plant! Thank you, … Continue reading
florasforumLunar_libration_with_phase2The_planet_Earth,_view_from_the_American_Side,_view_type-_Satellite_WC_2018Honey_Bear_-_Backlit_WC_(20302280285)Aurora_Borealis_and_Australis_Poster (1)Be Our Patron
(One mock-up of a cover design—not the final version!) Big Announcement: I’ve nearly finished a project I started on two years ago! It feels great to finally get to this place. And, as this project is a memoir of our family’s “country … Continue reading
florasforumBe Our Patron